Suddenly Laid-Off and Jobless
Another 2.4 million Americans filed for first-time benefits last week…
In total, 38.6 million people have filed for initial unemployment aid since mid-March.
That corresponds to 23.7% of the March US labor force.
CNN May 21, 2020
What to Do Now?
- NEW! Unemployment Benefits overview
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits. Don’t wait! Finding your next job may take longer than you think.
- Find jobs Search by zip codes and keywords…
- 7 Step Action Plan to get the right job for you. Scroll down the whole page and click all seven steps for 100+ job and career resources.
- Tips for the Suddenly Unemployed. Check out the top 10 tips on how to “survive the shock and bounce back like a star.”
- Connect with Family and Friends Online. Use Zoom video conferencing to stay connected to parents and children, brothers and sisters, church groups and buddies.
- Confidential Prayer Network. You can post a prayer request or a praise report, as well as pray anonymously for others.
- Face the Fear. Take courage. Fight the good fight with this devotional.