“3.28 million people filed for unemployment insurance last week –
more than four times higher than ever recorded. . .”
NY Times, March 26, 2020
What to Do Now?
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits. Don’t wait! Finding your next job may take longer than you think.
- Find Who Is Hiring. Search by zip codes and keywords (job titles, employers, skills).
- Indeed.com The #1 job site in the world.
- Network and search LinkedIn.com with 20 million jobs.
- Register or Login on CrossroadsCareer.org to search through 700,000 jobs.
- 7 Step Action Plan to get the right job for you. Scroll down the whole page and click all seven steps for 100+ job and career resources.
- Practice and Prepare for Online Job Interviews. Sign up free to host or join video conferences and online meetings at Zoom.US. Great for live networking!
- Tips for the Suddenly Unemployed. Check out the top 10 tips on how to “survive the shock and bounce back like a star.”
- Connect with Family and Friends Online. Use Zoom.US video conferencing to stay connected to parents and children, brothers and sisters, church groups and buddies.
- Confidential Prayer Network. You can post a prayer request or a praise report, as well as pray anonymously for others.
- Don’t be afraid. Take courage. Fight the good fight with this devotional, Face the Fear.
Brian has been writing, speaking and connecting people to Christ in the workplace for 45 years. He is Co-Founder of Crossroads Career Services, former Chick-fil-A restaurants VP for Human Resources and Administration, and Owner of Primus Consulting executive search. He has authored Christian resources including Mastery of Leadership, Real Success at Work, and New Job Jump Start. Brian and his wife Kristy live in the Charlotte, NC area.